33rd Annual SoCal Alzheimer’s Disease Research Conference: “Dementia across the lifespan”
Friday, September 9, 2022
Join UCI MIND, Alzheimer’s Orange County, and Alzheimer’s Association for the 33rd Annual Southern California Alzheimer’s Disease Research Conference. This hybrid conference will cover a wide range of topics across the lifespan, such as Down syndrome, frontotemporal dementia, early-onset Alzheimer’s, the oldest-old, and even more.
Course Objectives – At completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Coming soon!
- Joshua Grill, PhD, University of California, Irvine, Associate Professor, Psychiatry & Human Behavior, Neurobiology & Behavior, Associate Director, UCI Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center, Director, UCI MIND
- Jim McAleer, MPA, Alzheimer’s Orange County, President/CEO
- Coming soon!
Alzheimer’s Orange County is approved to offer the following continuing education units for professionals:
- CAMFT (BBS): Alzheimer’s Orange County (AlzOC) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. AlzOC maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content. This course meets the qualifications for 3 hours of continuing education credit as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. CAMFT CE Provider #134760.
- BRN: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN). Alzheimer’s Orange County, Provider #CEP 14757, for 3 contact hours.
- NHAP: Course approval pending by the Nursing Home Administrator Program (NHAP) for 3 hours of continuing education credit – Alzheimer’s Orange County, NHAP Vendor #CEP 1776.
- RCFE: Course approval pending by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) for 3 hours of continuing education credit for RCFE administrator recertification. Alzheimer’s Orange County, RCFE Vendor #2000147-740-2. Core of Knowledge: Managing Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias.
Attendees can request refunds until August 31, 2022. No refunds will be given for any cancellations received after this date. A $25 administrative charge will apply for all cancellations. For questions or to request a refund, email email@example.com or call 949.824.9475. No half-day registrations or partial CEUs will be provided.
Instructions for Requesting Accommodations for a Disability:
Alzheimer’s Orange County will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. To request special accommodations please call the Education Coordinator at 949.757.3724, at least two weeks prior to the event. In circumstances when courses are offered at offsite locations, accommodations will be coordinated with that site to the best of our ability.
Continuing Education Grievance Policy:
The Education Department at Alzheimer’s Orange County is dedicated to providing quality, affordable continuing education to various professionals throughout the community. In an effort to meet the needs and expectations of our constituents, there is a process in place for a course participant who has a specific concern to voice his/her complaint.
Please submit any complaints in writing (postal letter or e-mail) within seven (7) days of the education event. Any complaints submitted will be handled confidentially. Please mail the complaint to Melissa Klaeb, DPT, Director of Education, at the following email or postal mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Melissa Klaeb, DPT, Director of Education (2515 McCabe Way, Suite 200, Irvine, CA 92614)
Please be sure to include:
- Your name and contact information
- The name of the course event
- The date of the course event
- The course presenter’s name
- A detailed description of the reason for the complaint
- The type of resolution you are expecting (this does not guarantee that a resolution will be approved)
A record of each complaint or grievance and its resolution is kept by the Education Director and reported with the CEU provider application and renewal.
Continuing Education Certificates of Completion:
A certificate of completion will be issued to participants via email within 14 days of the completed evaluation being received (if all other CEU criteria are met).
Certificates will only be awarded to participants who attend in-person for the full three-hour conference. No partial CE credit will be awarded.