34th Annual SoCal Alzheimer’s Disease Research Conference: “Sex and Gender in Dementia Research and Care”
Friday, August 25, 2023
At this 34th Annual Southern California Alzheimer’s Disease Research Conference, we will will cover a wide range of topics on sex and gender in dementia research.
Course Objectives – At completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the prevalence of dementia among men and women
- Assess differences in genetic risk for dementia among men and women
- Describe findings of differential biomarker progression and cognitive performance among men and women at risk for dementia
- Assess the potential differential relationship between biomarkers and cognitive performance among men and women
- Describe the current understanding of efficacy among men and women treated with recently approved therapies for early Alzheimer’s disease
- Understand the differential burdens among sexual and gender minority caregivers of people with dementia
- Joshua Grill, PhD, University of California, Irvine, Director, UCI MIND, Professor, Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Associate Professor, Neurobiology and Behavior
- Jim McAleer, MPA, Alzheimer’s Orange County, President/CEO
- Deborah Levy, Executive Director, Alzheimer’s Association, Orange County Chapter
- Sarah Banks, PhD, University of California, San Diego
- Liz Chrastil, PhD, University of California, Irvine
- Jason Flatt, PhD, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Tim Hohman, PhD, Vanderbilt University
- Michelle Mielke, PhD, Wake Forest University
- Beth Mormino, PhD, Stanford University
- Amanda Smith, MD, University of South Florida
Alzheimer’s Orange County is approved to offer the following continuing education units for professionals:
- CAMFT (BBS): Alzheimer’s Orange County (AlzOC) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. AlzOC maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content. This course meets the qualifications for 3 hours of continuing education credit as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. CAMFT CE Provider #134760.
- BRN: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN). Alzheimer’s Orange County, Provider #CEP 14757, for 3 contact hours.
- NHAP: Approved by the Nursing Home Administrator Program (NHAP) for 3 hours of continuing education credit – Alzheimer’s Orange County, NHAP Vendor #CEP 1776. Course Approval Number: 1776003-9115/P.
- RCFE: Approved by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) for 3 hours of in-person continuing education credit for RCFE administrator recertification. Course Approval Number: 147-0311-36970. Alzheimer’s Orange County, RCFE Vendor #2000147-740-2. Core of Knowledge: Managing Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias.
Attendees can request refunds until August 14, 2023. No refunds will be given for any cancellations received after this date. A $25 administrative charge will apply for all cancellations. For questions or to request a refund, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949.824.9896. No half-day registrations or partial CEUs will be provided.
Instructions for Requesting Accommodations for a Disability:
Alzheimer’s Orange County will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. To request special accommodations please call the Director of Education at 949.757.3724, at least two weeks prior to the event. Accommodations will be coordinated with the facility to the best of our ability.
Continuing Education Grievance Policy:
The Education Department at Alzheimer’s Orange County is dedicated to providing quality, affordable continuing education to various professionals throughout the community. In an effort to meet the needs and expectations of our constituents, there is a process in place for a course participant who has a specific concern to voice his/her complaint.
Please submit any complaints in writing (postal letter or e-mail) within seven (7) days of the education event. Any complaints submitted will be handled confidentially. Please mail the complaint to Mark Odom at the following email or postal mail address: email@example.com OR Mark Odom, 2515 McCabe Way, Suite 200, Irvine, CA 92614.
Please be sure to include:
- Your name and contact information
- The name of the course event
- The date of the course event
- The course presenter’s name
- A detailed description of the reason for the complaint
- The type of resolution you are expecting (this does not guarantee that a resolution will be approved)
A record of each complaint or grievance and its resolution is kept by the Education Director and reported with the CEU provider application and renewal.
Continuing Education Certificates of Completion:
A certificate of completion will be issued to participants via e-mail within 14 days of the completed evaluation being received (if all other CEU criteria are met).
Certificates will only be awarded to participants who attend for the full five-hour conference. No partial CE credit will be awarded.